A great article from McKinsey on the cloud talents topic …:
Despite a shortage of cloud talent, top companies are finding ways to get past table stakes and build the capabilities needed.
Some actions you should consider …:
- Find engineering talent with broad experience and skills
- Balance talent maturity levels and team composition
- Build an upskilling program that is extensive, mandatory, and focused on need
- Build an engineering culture that optimizes the developer experience
- Consider using partners to accelerate development, and assign your best cloud leaders as owners
- To keep top talent from leaving, focus on what motivates them
Without cloud talent, the value that cloud offers is simply unattainable. Companies can win the war for cloud talent, however, when they combine a clear understanding of what talent they really need, a culture where that talent can thrive, and a commitment to practical changes so they can capture cloud value quickly.
The original post with much, much more very valuable information is here.